How often is it that we love our families and friends but fail to offer that same love to ourselves? We must realize the importance of offering love to ourselves with such regularity that the habit becomes ingrained in our daily doings. It is of the utmost importance that we use the resources in our life to continually build our confidence and self worth.
Love is the most important thing of all. It is the essence of life. But contrary to lessons learned in books and film, the most crucial and important love is the starting point of our own experience; love of the self. It is in ourselves that all other love manifests, at least from our (rather limited) perspective. As such, we must each take the necessary time to practice self love so that we are better equipped to handle the dilemmas life throws our way. When we fail to replenish our spirit we allow room for negative energies to impact our auric field. When this energy gets a foothold in our energetic bodies, it is entirely possible for (dis)ease to enter our world.
Practicing daily doses of self love will keep the mind/body/spirit connection strong and replenished. While we may not be able to hit every point every day the following list is a way to promote self love in your daily life.
Steps to Self Love
- Identify what makes your smile
- Be ready to receive your blessings
- Balance the giving/receiving dynamic
- Look for the silver lining in every situation
- Cultivate positive thoughts, habits, actions and relationships
- Know your limits and do not be afraid to take time for yourself
- Silence both inner and outer critics, Know that you are worthy of all of the blessings you receive.
- Promote positive self talk, Write letters of encouragement to yourself; be in charge of building your own self confidence.
- Verbally affirm your wants and desires; State exactly, in specific and certain terms, what you want to receive from any given situation. Avoid contracting words such as don’t and can’t.
- Determine & Define your worth.
- Meditate on the good things happening in your life. Life comes at everybody in a certain set of events. Own the events that are happening in your life, acknowledge the lessons and the blessings that come with every opportunity and occasion.
- Give thanks! NO ONE accomplishes everything without the benefit of outside assistance. Thank those who have helped you get where you are.
- Help others. Reciprocity is a key to life. If we reap what we sow, we have to continue to sow what we reap. You have been helped by those in your life, it is important to continue the trend and help others.
- Set achievable goals. Success is an important confidence builder. While challenge builds character, those challenges need to have a certain measure of success in order for you to regroup from any setbacks.